Monday, April 22, 2013

Hero Dad Saves 6-Year-Old Son From Alligator Attack


A gator attacks a 6-year-old boy in Florida and the boy's dad is being called a hero today. On April 22, WFTV reported that the young boy wandered off in the Boynton Beach area and went in to the water where an alligator attacked him. His father sprang to action, running in after his son and taking on the gator himself.

"I ran in the water. It was about waist deep. I had my son like this here, because I didn't want to play tug-o-war with the alligator. While I'm doing that, I'm punching the alligator on top of the head as hard as I could," recalled Joseph Welch said.

The gator that attacked the 6-year-old was 8-feet long. Welch couldn't take him alone and a passerby reportedly jumped in to help, kicking the alligator in the stomach. The gator let go of the young boy who sustained only minor injuries. Many believe that his father's bravery and the bravery of the good Samaritan saved this little boy's life.

Little Joey Welsh is lucky to be alive and has some teeth marks on his arm and his stomach as a reminder of the frightening incident. Obviously everyone is relieved to know that this story had a happy ending... for the little boy and his family any way...

After the gator attacks the 6-year-old, he was captured killed by trappers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment